Thursday, October 1, 2009

911 Conversation

Call Taker (Me): "911 what is your emergency?"

Caller (them): "I don't want 911 but my phone is shut off can you pay my phone bill for me?"

Me: I'm sorry this is 911. I can't pay your phone bill you'll have to use a phone that works to contact your phone company.

Caller: I am going to be late to work and I need to let them know can you just call my phone company for me and pay my bill?

Me: Um, no I can't if you'd like I can transfer your call to a work number if you like but otherwise you... (Interrupted)

Caller: (Upset now) NO! I don't need you calling my work for me or trying any fancy footwork! Just PAY MY BILL so my phone works it won't let me do it myself!!"

Me: Sir this is 911 ... your phone bill is NOT an emergency. If there is no other emergency I can send a police officer to your house and he can tell you how to use a land line.

Caller: Screw You!

Me: No thank you sir is there anything else I can help you with tonight that pertains to the proper uses of calling 911?

CLICK::

Sad thing is.. he called back - spoke to 2 other people some multiple times trying to get us to pay his phone bill? Am I jaded? Is this not ridiculous to most people?

3 comments:

The Mutant said...

Hmmm, the term mental illness spring to mind - by which I mean his, not your Freddy!

Honestly, did the caller sound fried? I love when I get meth head callers at work... They're fun to play with!

Nice to see StevieB said...

Well, I tried, you're right. I called 911 for like an hour and they wont pay for the electrolysis on my back.

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.