Saturday, November 7, 2009

I can't twitter?

I try to twitter but some people say they don't get it. I "get it" ... it's a chance to start conversation using limited amounts of characters. Just like I do on Facebook

Unlike Facebook though I don't have all the other freaky games or comments or pictures to go along with it unless I link to another website.

The reason I think about this is I find myself evaluating my day to day actions and mentally contemplating if what I JUST DID is mentionable... and then... if it is... is it MENTIONABLE ENOUGH to replace my last status update!? I do it on Facebook and I've done hundreds on Twitter too but I find keeping up with BOTH rather a drag!

Am I supposed to duplicate the SAME status for both? (I've done this many times by simply "copy and paste"-ing the info before accepting it) but then I feel a little less genuine about - like, "Well it's already been printed on this site so am I fraudulent if I re post it on THIS site?"

But if I were to update my status I'd say I just performed on command for a coworker who held her video phone up to my face and I wonder if she'll put it on YouTube." I DID this! I sang Olivia Newton John on command.

But I like my two active statuses that have been getting non stop comments today so I'm using my blog now to mention other mentionables for my day. Hmmmmm.

Enjoy.

:::now heading to facebook to comment about blogging about twitter:::

1 comment:

Nice to see StevieB said...

I don't "get" twitting. Shouting into the dark, convinced that everyone cares about your crap. Yet, knowing that you don’t give a crap about their random shouts. “I forgot how much I love pickles!”