Thursday, December 24, 2009

Workin It On Holiday Eve!

I'm at work right now and it's calm... scary calm. I KNOW people will start heading out into the world for their holiday gatherings... maybe sliding into some accidents or drinking a bit too much spiked eggnog and starting some brawls... but for now... all is calm.

This morning I had a nice morning... woke up at my own pace... cuddled with my handsome man... and then got ready for the day! My daughter woke up a bit after the in-laws arrived... she slowly came down to join in on the relaxing morning activities of Baking and waking up.

Mike and his mother were baking a traditional Scandinavian Holiday Bread together - Mike's Dad Skip was outside shoveling snow for us... (I would have LOVED to help but we only have the one snow shovel) ... he said that being from Seattle... it was fun and something different! So I wouldn't want to ruin that for him! Don't want to take away from his enjoyment ya know!?

The house began to smell of delicious baked yumminess as the risen bread, covered and rolled up, was warming in the oven. The light peeking through the window was twinkling off of the various Christmas Tree Ornaments... I enjoyed a cup of coffee and Mike's Dad came in and relaxed on the couch... using his cell phone to make the annual Christmas Well-wishing contacts with friends from years past.

My daughter Shayla watched the baking and asked questions when she wanted pointers for what they were doing... we all exchanged stories from our respective holiday baking experiences or from recent and old holiday gatherings or traditions from peoples families.

We even had time to make ourselves some sandwiches with chips and use the time to go over the planned events coming up over the next few days.

My morning was amazing and relaxing... I even napped for an hour, got ready, then came in to work... Kissing my daughter on the forehead before I walked out the door... and I'm glad for Mike's help! He helped me carry boxes full of gift bags for my co-workers!

Now... I wish YOU a happy Holiday ... or Happy non Holiday for those who don't celebrate them... but mainly I send out happiness and warm feelings of contentment. Thank you for sharing parts of the last year with me! And best wishes for the next year...