Thursday, November 6, 2008

911 caller

OK being a dispatcher for police and the fire departments and ambulance crews for many cities and agencies I hear do and see many off the wall things. It's ever changing and exciting. Always something new. There have been many different things that are odd or out of the norm on a 911 line.

Today though... i was asked this....
"I need to know what color the urine tests are today please!?"

Uh What the hell are you talking about (Which means I said "Excuse me please?")

"I need to know what color the urine tests are today please?"

I repeated it back as I heard it ... "I'm sorry you need to know what color the URINE tests are?"

She said yes.

I paused and asked if she needed police or an ambulance..... she said she thinks she might have dialed wrong....

I'm thinking the closest thing to dialing 9 - 1 - 1 - on your phone MIGHT be 4 - 1 - 1 - which is information.... do you think THEY know the color of the urine tests today? Hmmm I should call.

1 comment:

The Mutant said...

You've got to be kidding. How is it possible you didn't know what colour todays urine tests are? Everyone knows that... Silly boy!

Ha ha ha ha ha