Thursday, November 6, 2008

Only the Fat Kid....

My back pack is like a purse. I use it for work but mainly it has my monthly scheduler - my pens and coins and pretty much anything I'd need. It gives me a place to keep my work badge - and dental floss.

A few minutes ago my masculine camouflaged man bag with hunter orange trim - was sitting next to me and I needed to find my chap stick. It's in the bottom of my bag. I'm sure of it, but rather than unload the whole thing I began to do the finger sweep blindly rubbing my hand at the bottom of the bag trying to locate by touch the chap stick.

As my fingers came across items I did a mental evaluation of the feel of the item to be able to have a check list of things in the bottom of my bag.

"Coins ..... dental floss..... camera.... that's it there we ... go oh no that's a battery ...... pencil..... heal cream..... band aid ..... dental floss again...... battery ...... chap oh other battery........ oph here we go .... wait? ::::feel ... manipulate in fingers ... feel:::::::: wtf is that? ..... :::grab and slowly remove::::::;

I had a piece of dried up mushroom Pizza from a week in my bag. I couldn't tell why I had it then I thought back and I think I had lunch in the bag last week and maybe the pizza was wrapped in saran plastic wrap and this piece fell out? Only a fat kid could find dried up food full sized in his man purse and not be sure how long it's been in there.

But anyway .... now I'm not worried about what to do for lunch! Thank goodness!

1 comment:

The Mutant said...

Oh that is so much like something I'd do it's scary, except I'd have a about 20 chap sticks rolling around in the bottom of my murse (you know man-purse) because I'm obsessed with them!

I also have a tin of lip balm that is huge, its about the size of my hand... very useful stuff!