Monday, December 22, 2008

Handy ...

I think I'm pretty lucky. I enjoy planning events but I am not very handy at stuff like putting together new furniture or working on cars construction stuff in general. I tried to put together a simple shelving unit with closing doors and I used a screw that's too long and it went through... of course it's not on the back or the bottom of the unit.. nope it's right on the front. In the middle on the top! Right in the line of sight.


This made a discolored "bump" of wood that I screwed up! Literally. So when the matching stack able drawer set was needing to be put together I kind of hinted to Mike that "we" should put those drawers together while we're relaxing and watching the TV. He said OK I cleared a spot and after he opened the box of parts I asked which tools he'd need. As he gave me the short list I grabbed each tool needed for the job and delivered them to him.


That's as far as I got in helping! I then cleared a spot for the Drawers to go and did some dishes and I checked hours at the barber to see if we had time for a last minute holiday haircut before they closed.


This is him putting it together....

Oh you bet... He's Excited about it! LOL He has like 20 nails and screws in his mouth! LOL HOT!

I think he wanted to hit me with the hammer!? Should I be worried? He also thought to stack the drawers on top of the shelves so you can't see where I "screwed up" so it looks nice! I'm lucky... he's handy! lol

2 comments:

The Mutant said...

About bloody time you came back... I was starting to worry - where have you been all this time?

Home assembled furniture is generally best assembled by someone else I find, sadly I usually am that 'someone else' as all my friends tend to assemble furniture the way you do, not that there is anything wrong with that of course!

Freddyeyes said...

hahahha! Nothing wrong with it if you're going for contemporary art rather than functionality!