Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Charisma Uniqueness Nerve and Talent!

So ok I'm going to admit it. I LOVE RuPauls' Drag Race!



I can't help it and I wish the next group was already cast and I could watch it! I wish they'd have like Idol does and show the auditions before you get them on the show. Maybe a performance sort of thing - then an interview session - then their audition video's play before they do the challenges - I mean ok... I know we wouldn't have the numbers we do for Idol competitions but still... there'd be plenty of queens vying for that spot on stage! I'm just saying....



SO I won't ruin it for those who haven't seen it or those who have watched some of the episodes... but not the finale and aren't sure who wins... BUT they do a reunion show... (Mind you I don't go to drag shows very often if at all in real life... maybe 10 in my life time...) and one character who is very "quirky" named Tammy on the show was kicked off like #3 or something ... She did this very cutesy but oddball Drag. Sorta like a flashback to the days of old Hollywood glamour - short curly hair - glamour old silent film makeup - it is fun to watch but her faces and utter lack for normality on the reunion show... well it's very interesting! I suggest you watch it! She's MAD that RuPaul and the judges were mean to her and judged her... she's upset when RuPaul says a cuss word trying to explain things and she corrects him, saying "Language!?" and then makes this upset corrective parent face just waiting to burst with anger and nerves... it's NUTS!

Lemme see if I can find some pics of it on google. .... I can't be the only one who noticed this episode of odd-ballness - My daughter watched it with Mike and I and sad to say - we LAUGHED our butts off at how off she is.
Here's Tammy



Anyway they had some amazing drag queens and amazing characters. One of my favorite I'd Say was Ongina - Rupaul wrote or performed a song on her new CD (Avail on itunes) about her called "Girlyboy" or something!
Here's Ongina!

But I do love me some Nina Flowers.. She's tough and amazing as male OR female forms! So many cool characters it's like America's Next top model on Platform stiletto's! Enjoy it if you get the chance

Nina Flowers - She's a Denver Drag Queen I'm hoping to see her soon in person!


Oh and do you remember Santino? From Project Runway? He's one of the people on the panel of judges.... It's entertaining!


this is what I have been up to.. so there! lol

2 comments:

Dead Robot said...

You've found my secret shame. I love this show because it's just like Tyra's ANTM on a three day drinking bender.

I hope it's repeated for another season!

Freddyeyes said...

You described it perfectly! And YES it's been renewed for another season! I'm excited! We'll have to have like weekly Rupaul blogs about it or something so we can compare notes.. or is that TOO gay!? LOL