Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ellen can you hear me.....

Ellen ... Papa who knows!?

So I wrote a letter to Ellen DeGeneres last night in honor of my Mother. My poor Mom has worked her booty off this past year to keep herself and her kids (us) afloat... My dad died last year and this forced my Mom into a new house with some bad credit stuff left over from my dads decade of depression. He horded and shopped online for what ever he was collecting at that time.

But I have to share this last example of my mom's ability to share a "silver lining" in almost any situation.

Mom always got the old car when Dad purchased a new vehicle growing up. The only exception I can think of is the VW Jetta my mom now drives but that's only because it was rear ended (twice in one day) and had constant issues. So THEN he decided to keep his car which ran fine! Sweet huh!

Anyway, so My mom has a full size van with a wheel chair lift that we'd used for my grandma as she'd gotten older... after Grandma passed away My mom ended up with the van and kind of kept it as my dads health deteriorated. Since he died we've been hearing about how Mom needs to sell that van and then trade in her VW for a new reliable used car... nothing fancy - but you know... something a mother of three and a grandmother of two can tote her loved ones around in and oh ... I don't know... that will START and maybe if she's lucky something that doesn't REFUSE TO OPEN IT"S DOORS... that'd be nice too! HA HA

So Mom was about to list the van online... then some neighbor kids were chucking rocks at it.... not sure why, and they broke out some smaller side panel windows. (Delay one!)

Then Mom wanted us to take the pictures and put it up on the internet... I took it to get the emissions test done... it ends up having a flat tire. GRRRRR (I got her a new flat tire and Mike replaced it for her (Delay #2)

Finally the van is up and ready to be sold, she drops the listing price and puts the van up with our pictures on her work place version of "craigslist" and she gets a bite or three - The van gets shown... the lift stops working!? WTF!? Are you kidding me? Mike finds the problem, orders the part and repairs it so the lift is fine! (Delay #3)

The people who came to see it and said they wanted it and before we sold or even showed it to anyone to let them know... they would now have the cash and make sure they could buy this van... they will be there Wednesday.... (Mom waits all evening... no show) OK they'll be there Thursday! (It's raining this time but seriously no show and no call... nothing) Mom sends them an email letting them know she's upset - and frustrated and if she doesn't hear form them soon she'll be contacting the others who've asked to see the van by Monday.

Friday it snows! It Rains... It's a mess! Mom decides since her VW battery is dead now all of the sudden... and the car from my sister needs new tires... She'll drive the Van in and she'll pick up her best friend who's pretty tired from Chemo treatments so that she won't have to drive in this weather... She'll take the van and then if the co worker wants to see the lift working she can...

Here it comes! Delay #4...... Mom decides the weather is getting worse... half way into the day... Mom says she may leave early with her Best friend and get her home before it gets too bad out.

5 minutes later i get a call.... MOM HAS BEEN IN AN ACCIDENT! .... she was hit by two cars full speed because her van didn't even slow down at the stop sing when leaving her work complex.....
The Van is totaled and so is the down payment for her "new" used car we planned to get her into to keep her safe and rid her of these two possibly Hexed cars.

My moms outlook???? ... At least she was in the van otherwise they might have been badly injured! Since they were in the van they survived being slammed, simultaneously by 2 cars, full speed hitting them broadside!

So I sent Ellen a letter to see if she had any extra cars hanging around... wish me luck... she gets those letters hundreds of times a day I'm sure.... I'm just venting I guess! I wish I could do more for her.... Grrrrrr

Ellen? Is that you? It's me... Jerrod



2 comments:

Djrocco said...

WOW... I would need a whole lotta shots after all of that. You are such a good person, I really hope Ellen helps you and your mom. If I hit the lotto, you know mom is going to be driving an escalade.. LOL

Love you guys!

The Mutant said...

Oh man... that totally blows. I'm glad your Mom was in that van though, look at it, its like a Sherman tank! Seriously, you'd need a heavy vehicle license to drive one of those in Australia!

There is quite clearly a good soul glowing within your mother though. I know this seems like a rough patch right now, but the universe works in some funny ways so I'm sure her good luck will be waiting just around the corner!

I'll keep my fingers crossed Ellen shows up with a new car soon!