Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Make it Gay!!!!!!!!!

I have these friends who’re adopting a child. The little girl is not newborn. In fact she’s a few years old and living in an orphanage in Belize. But she’s coming home soon. The little girl has a Brittle Bone condition called Osteogenesis imperfecta (OI) . This bone condition is the same condition that my friends who are adopting her have.

They could break a bone from sneezing.. their build is small in stature and most people if not all with this condition don’t walk and have grown up having surgery after surgery for preventative and repairative issues in their aging processes.

Since we were younger Lisa (the soon to be mother) has wanted a child. We’ve discussed how the growth of a newborn in her body might not be possible and if it DID happen it might hurt them both physically to carry the pregnancy out.

SCARY!

So Lisa has been married to her childhood friend Chris… Chris also has the bones frailty that Lisa has… as do many of our other friends that we’ve made through the years… you find someone who is like you and you tend to gravitate towards them.

SO… my story is this. Their new daughter comes home soon and we’ve been invited to the welcome home party for her!!! Well their new daughter may be a few years old but is of course of the tiny stature that Lisa and Chris both are. She has a very nice electric wheel chair too I’ve been told. So you have to take into consideration some of these things.

Also you have to find out what her room “theme” is and what she likes… you have to find out her size in clothes… and THIS is why I called Lisa from the store we were in while shopping for Anisee (A niece E).

Lisa informs me that her new daughter wears a size 3T or 4. That’s perfect now I know. She also likes Frogs and Pigs and the color pink. And I know Lisa has the love of food and cooking and runs a part time catering company for smaller events or personal in home meals. http://thelittlechef.info/

SO… Mike and I were shopping… finding CUTE but overpriced clothes and awesome cooking sets and even doll houses made to keep recycling and living “green” in mind made of all recycled and natural materials. It was actually very cool but rather pricey… the wall art was awesome but then again I haven’t seen the room yet so what if I get her something then she feels obligated to hang but it doesn’t match the scheme!? Then what? HAHA!

I called Lisa and asked her what size she is and how you spell her name and she gave me the rundown of the 4 or 5 names they have for her and they gave her size but then she asked me this…. Oh hey I want you and Mike to get her something that somehow has something to do with being gay!

OK This is awesome! I have actually had many a friend or family member in the past tell me to tone it down.. or to maybe keep things on the down low while around their friends. And I’ve been invited to MANY wedding showers and baby showers and been the only male because of who I am. But this is the first time they’ve actually requested that me AND my partner bring something specifically gay for their child! I love it! Awwww! They are going to make the best parents!

(I hope they don’t read my blog!) So we saw some cute kitchen stuff and it started a theme… Mike and I bought her a Kids cooking with the parents cook book. And I fell in love with some cute sun dresses and some awesome small designer kitchen aprons for children… but rather than pay the money they’re asking… I’m going to get help from my mother and we’ll MAKE them for her. So we’ll find her a cute pattern for a sundress and then make one up for a cool kitchen apron … maybe flower with her Initials on it?! But the cook book looks super cool and then Mom can share her love of cooking with her new daughter in a kitchen that’s been created with lowered counter tops and special ovens and stove tops… smaller accessible side by side refrigerators with slide out shelves… cabinets with lowered accessibility! It should be perfect… now if I can only sew it… hmmmm! Hahah! I figured I would make a rainbow one and maybe throw in a rainbow brite doll or care bears.. something pride like. But I will keep adding to it if I can! Hahaah I’m so excited to see another dream come true for so many people all at once!

1 comment:

The Mutant said...

That's so cool. There's no doubt that once you have a project in mind you make is super special. I love that your friendds wanted you to exert a little gay influence too! How exciting. You'll have to show us what you end up making too!