Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Too Many Beef Sticks!



So my sisters birthday is right now... My little sis is now officially 30 years old! Dirty thirty!

This weekend we hosted along with our neighbors, a HUGE masquerade party in our adjoining yards! Huge tents put up - some cool lights lit up the multiple trees... we had fire pit and music playing... and FOOD! Tons of food!

My house housed so much food... BBQ Burgers, Spaghetti, Chips, dips, veggies all freshly cut, garnish trays, cheeses and meats... and BRATWURSTS!!! Tons of brats! All boiled in Beer before they were reheated fresh on the Grills. SO GOOD! Add some Kraut and some mustard... SET! So good... Everyone loved all the food but we over bought... We now have HUGE bags full of Brats... I've even brought a huge bag of them to work... People take turns helping out so people can run to the kitchen to heat up a sausage or two and bring it back in to eat.

I had some at the party... then had some the next night while munching. Mike came home from work last night and he made Brats and Rice ... only to find out he'd ALSO cut up brats and put them IN the rice too! SO GOOD!

I need more recipe's that we can use for the Brats... ideas? LOL Did I mention my mom, sister and daughter leave for a week in Hawaii and we'll be eating them ourselves here soon!? Hmmmm.

2 comments:

Mike "N" the Mechanics said...

I am packing some in their bag.

The Mutant said...

Wow, full on sausage-fest huh? I have no idea what you're going to do with them all, maybe you could start handing them to random strangers, or better yet, build a sausage lancher and start launching them into the yards of people you don't like... or something like that.

BTW, I like your new profile pic! Is very cute - fantastic composition!