Saturday, September 27, 2008

The mechanic is almost moving in!


The countdown has been going for what feels like forever. I have been waiting for ever it seems for Mike to be moving in with me. Well, with us (I live with my sister and of course my daughter lives with me part time too). Now it's one week from tonight that I fly out to SeaTac airport and then one week from tomorrow that we start the drive back with all of his belongings to Colorado.


ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!


The road trip part will be a good chance to spend HOURS and HOURS together in close proximity. Stopping only to pee and refuel. I think I'll pack sandwiches! Which in turn makes me think of the original "Vacation" movie where the dog pees on the picnic basket and the batty old aunt keeps eating it anyway even though Chevy Chase's "cool moves" for Christie Brinkley in the distance are completely knocked out of whack by the urine stained White bread goodness.


... and we're back.......

As for the new living situation I'm very excited! I'm excited, I'm nervous - He's excited and nervous and he starts his new job immediately! I almost wish he could take like a week or two off and relax for a while. I think that might be more difficult. I think the waiting to start would be counter productive for his relaxation process. Meeting ALL new people in an entirely different state. Yeah I'd be nervous. I have started new jobs where I've not known anyone going in, but I've always had my outside world to comfort me with the familiar.

He won't

Well he WILL have me and my family and friends who love him so much but it's still new for him!

And as nervous as he is I can't help but be counting down every minute of every day. Poor guy he has to deal with me bouncing off the walls.

HAHA! I'm thinking he'll be ok about it.

This will be my week with my daughter home and the last time I have just her and I. Well not that we won't be able to do stuff on our own anyway but you know before Mike moves in with us. This is a first for us all. She's a teenage girl and she's brilliant in my eyes so I'm not sure how this will go. I'm anticipating drama and good times mixed with bad, but that's life in general isn't it!?

ok I'm rambling ! Thanks for listening.

Oh and UHGGG - I have to clean and get rid of stuff... anyone want my old Flintstone and Rainbow bright toys? LOL

Wish me luck! lol

3 comments:

The Mutant said...

Flintstone and Rainbow Bright toys??? Ooooh, pick me, pick me!!!!!

It sounds like exciting times ahead, I guess there will be all kinds of "oh shit" panic moments thrown in as well but I'm sure the whole thing will go well in the end, plus you get to road trip in amongst it too! Sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

Freddyeyes said...

hey i wonder who this charlot is...