Monday, September 22, 2008

table tag!

So I'm new to the whole long term relationship thing and it's wonderful so far but I realized today there's some stuff I'm going to have to start taking into consideration... among other things it's new purchases.

SO I'm out shopping for a new table for my mom with her and my younger sister Mandi! Well right now My younger sister Mandi and I rent a house together and we've got limited kitchen space ourselves but we've been using a nice old wood table that we grew up using at our grandmothers house.

It's always worked - it's a bit wobbly but - it works! It's a bit too large - it's kinda in the way and did I mention it's wobbly? I did? Ok cool - moving on!

So before we find the Table my mother ends up getting for herself - which BTW is rad - it has storage for wine bottles and glasses and some open cabinets - .... she finds a table that's perfect for our kitchen! It's black stained wood underneath - with shelves for our cookbooks and some other stuff opening up cupboard space .... This will also open up the kitchen and the height of the new table would make for GREAT working space when cooking (Which I don't do but the boyfriend and my sister both do!)

Yeah so we got mom's new table and chairs... got our new table and chairs... it worked out well... on our way out my boyfriend called me and asked what was up! I explained how cool it was that we'd have this new table with new storage and new folding flaps on the table which will make for even MORE room!!!! And it's sturdy... well he moves in in like 2 weeks and um I didn't think to ask him if he had a table already... he DOES! lol aaawwwwww crap!

I should get used to the checking with people before making large moves any minute now don't you think? ... no? .... we'll see! But I'll try!

AND I can't wait for you to see the new set... it has new chairs that are large enough for my ass even and they have NO ARMS! wahoooo! LOL Hope he likes them too!

5 comments:

Djrocco said...

That is to funny. Yes, now you have to ask, or you may end up with double of everything.. LOL Not that its a bad thing. Glad to hear that things are coming together and I am so happy for you that you found someone and this is happening. I cant wait to meet him. Now if we could only get there, it would be great.. LOL

Anonymous said...

AND NO PIC OF THE NEW TABLE????

ok - the funny thing is - I link to this blog from Stevie's blog - and start reading - how funny - this guy has a younger sister named Mandi - SO DOES MY FRIEND JERROD - 30 more second of reading go by - then I realize - DUH this is Jerrod's blog....

Did you know your friends were special ed??

Yep - he already has a table - thats the way it goes....

...cn

Nice to see StevieB said...

JERROD'S GOT A BOYFRIEND! JERROD'S GOT A BOYFRIEND!

Nice to see StevieB said...

.....And a table.

The Mutant said...

See, you need to simplify the whole deal by simply not living with your boyfriend, I don't live with mine and it works perfectly, there are no problems over big purchases, if I want it I just go and get it! Works perfectly!

Of course that may just be me... I've always been a wee bit odd!