Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wait? How long?



OK this is a picture of me in central Park! I was originally standing next to my daughter in the picture but I cropped it out. Only for personal use and I have the whole picture posted on my myspace too but I thought the sun in my eye looked WHACKED!

The face.... Who knows what I'm doing? Always being a nerd I guess.

But ok so I took my daughter out to NYC for spring break and I loved it! We both walked more than we ever thought possible and saw friends and stayed with them while we were out there. This little daughter of mine is just growing up so fast I have a hard time thinking she won't have time for me when she gets older and so I try to do as many things as I can NOW that we'll both enjoy.

So today we had family members of one of my co workers in here talking about their oldest son (who was in here too ) taking a drivers safety and defensive driving course. They paid $700 for this one course - and he learned how to get his car out from a spin and a skid and how to turn the wheels in this set up road of hazards and cones and such and how he could do it safely!

but seven hundred dollars? PLUS a car? PLUS a kid on the roads!? I mean yes it's better they're trained well. So whatever. SO then I we discussed the new driving age laws and requirements on how to get the permit and how you can get it a year before you're 16 if you take the courses and do the in class time. I then said "Well ok and who knows how the laws will be in two years when My 13 year old is ready to drive.

Mind you I have mentally been getting ready to take her to the parking lot and help teach her the basics of driving a stick shift vehicle. But at this time I came to this conclusion in my head....

"she's only 13."
"Oh wait she's almost 14!"
"Still 2 years till 16"
"Oh wait only have to be 15 to get her permit!"
"CRAP I've got a friggen YEAR!!!???? That's IT?!"

I'm kind of excited she's done so well in life but man I can't believe she'll be driving soon! Dang it!

No comments: