Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Well blow me down!

This is an example of a story... this did not necasarrily happen but I used it to pose a question.... this is not to portray a call or person!


So sometimes people do odd things... one time a lady thought her car was being broken into by small people who were sitting on the dash board of her car. She called 911 and told them but she doesn't always think or see things the same as most people and this may have progressed as she's aged.

When she called 911 - the dispatcher may have gotten her address and information and sent officers on the way who may have responded to assist her. This older lady's husband heard her making this call and he looked out the window to find no one there.

The husband got on the phone to tell 911 it was an error no need for officers because there wasn't anyone there... when officers arrived to check on scene they realized she was someone they'd helped out before and knew she's not seeing things the same anymore.

They even let her use their flashlight to show her no one was in the car or on the dashboard. ... this only made her think (logically of course) that the people who'd been on her dash were now hiding in the tree.

The husband got mad before that and he yelled that there wasn't anyone out there or in the car and he went inside. After she was convinced they'd gone into the tree the older lady may have begun climbing a tree... the officer might have made sure she's OK and taken his flashlight back before leaving the husband to get her down and back into their home for the night to rest.

I asked Mike if I ever had something like this made up scenario happened... if he'd help me out of the tree and make sure i was safe. He said he'd hose me out of the tree and that he'd make sure I was down but not necessarily safe.... see this is love! He DOES care! LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is love...... Mine probably would have just left me in the tree and gone in and taken an Ambian......

The Mutant said...

I think my other half would probably have left me up in the tree for a while so he could get some peace and quiet, then of course he'd come and assist me just so I could warm the bed up before he got into it, he's always really thoughful like that! As for the hose wrangling thing, well that could get a bit awkward with you up in a tree couldn't it?