Thursday, October 23, 2008

13 TIMES!?!?!

My daughter will kill me if she finds this blog!

She's 13 and in a few weeks will be 14. She's the smartest kiddo I've ever met. She's also someone who still acts her age when you get to know her so it's hard to tell if she's going to handle stuff older than someone her age - or act her age. But like most parenting... it's a guessing game.

No matter HOW she handles things she's the light of my life and I miss her so much!

I say I miss her because she's decided she doesn't want to come home and live with me for a while.

It kills me to think she would be unhappy with me... anyway the reasons are many and diverse - we get along great I think ... but she doesn't agree so that's not fun!


Anyway I'm writing to share that after over a week she's conversing with me on text messages as of about ten minutes go and it's not the end of everything with this stuff but I have tears welling up because it's more than just me texting into thin air. AND we've been discussing the books we're reading. She is reading the book Twilight for the thirteenth time! 13 TIMES!?!?!?!? It's good but I couldn't possibly read tit that many times! She's read all four books in the series multiple times now. I told her then that I wouldn't brag about reading up to about page 200 on the second one in the series! LOL She laughed but asked how I liked it. It was back and forth conversation. I'm glad and grateful for every word!


Oh I've missed my baby girl! And still do. But I love hearing from her! I'm glowing!




4 comments:

The Mutant said...

Aw, thats the sweetest thing ever! You're so lucky to have your daughter close by and to have a strong relationship, some dads miss out on that which must be terrible. It always sounds like the two of you have so much fun though which is great.

Djrocco said...

I think it is great the two of you and the bong you have. The many times I have seen you two together, you can tell you have a special bond that most parents do not have with their teen age children. You are a great Dad!!!!1

Djrocco said...

Ok forgive the typo, I know you dont have a bong.. LOL forgive me the coffee hasnt kicked in yet. I ment BOND .... Marmalaaaaaaaaaadeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

I know you feel. Modern tech can keep us connected or keeps us at arms lenght and the older they get the busier they get. The text message a day from my 24yo makes me appreiciate that phone tech way more than Id like to.
SC