Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween and Lucky Let Go's

Last weekend was a costume party for this years Halloween Gathering. Mike and I decided last minute that we'd go. We weren't sure what to do for costumes.

While I was at work, I had people emailing me ideas of things I could manage in little to no time. I was considering re enacting the costume I'd done when I was 5 years old and dressing as Boy George again! But I didn't have enough odd stuff and I couldn't find leg warmers! So that was a no go.

Mike was at hom eand my sister and mother were there. They pulled out a tub of costumes and halloween stuff and he found an indian costume that ws min eyears ago. It fit him. He decided to go with that. My sister Mandi found a long black wig - She split it down the middle and braided the two ends. She just happened to have leather strings and an extra feather to add to the end of it. He was set!

I had some leather strap up costume boots that matched (left over from a gay cruise costume party a few years back!) They fit too!

Now it's my turn! I decided to go with my version of Green Lantern. I had the t shirt, and also just so happened to have green tights in my size (Also left over from gay cruise party) that I hadn't worn yet.

We'de been thinking this would be my costume but I didn't find a mask in any of rht estores we went to. Just a simple mask would have been fine but we coudln't find one like the super heroe's wear. So Mike came up with the idea of using black face paint. It worked pretty well.

I had green boots from yet another party (thanks Carl) when I was one of many "Hairy God Mothers" my color was GREEN of course at that time too so it worked out for me!

We got all dressed up after I got home from work and headed out to drop off a costume at my friend Liz's house so her man could be a priest and Mike was driving us through the neighborhood and we get pulled over for not ompletely stopping at one of the stop signs.

As the deputy lights' us up we pull over and Mike is kind of freaking out but I'm giggling. Chances are I might know this guy since I dispatch him and even if not... we're in full costume! HAHAHAH!

Mike gets the paperwork out and his ID and stuff as the deputy walks up the the side of the car cautiously! Mie's window is down and we hear "Of all nights to get pulled over eh!?" I think this was more of a generic thing for him to say to hear us talk I guess. Mike says "yeah" back and holds out his info for the oficer.

The guy uses his flashlight to glance in as he stoops down a bit to peer in the car and then he does a double take. He sees our costumes and he starts laughing. HARD! He waves off Mike's hand holding out the paperowk and identification and he says "Oh hell put that shit away!" he keeps laughing and he yells back to us as he's walking back to his car "Watch those stop signs guys it's a $150 fine!" was both kind of "chime" the words THANK YOU in unison!

Mind you we were pretty cautious the rest of the night!

PS - we took this picture just afterward because I calle dmy work to find out who the deputy was - they said he's laughing so hard! then my supervisor asked me "So which one of you is pocahontas!?" Mike was pissed he forgot his war paint so they knew he was a male indian They taped the picture to the deputy's locker at work!


No comments: