Monday, May 11, 2009

Road Side Secret Compartment!

On our way to Aspen for the weekend Mike and I drove past all sorts of things... one thing we passed though was a citizen assist. An officer had pulled over and parked his vehicle just so on the side of the road as to make sure no one slammed into him or the other car with the flat tire that he'd pulled up to assist with!

Well, whatever type of vehicle it was... Mike made mention that the smaller SUV type vehicle has a jack to help in changing the flat tire but that they wouldn't find it unless they checked the owners manual. I scrunched my nose and thought "Well they were looking where I would have looked" as we drove by...

He then explained that he'd spent some times trying to find it on that same type of automobile but didn't realize there was a secret compartment under the passengers seat for the car jack.

I just picked up my cell phone as we drove and called 911 -- I figured I could save them some time by phoning that information in... when the operator answered I immediately asked if they had a different non emergency line for my call in their area... she let me know she could help... so I explained we'd passed a sheriff's deputy for their county who was on the West bound lanes of I-70 assisting some girls in an SUV change a tire but that my Boyfriend was a mechanic and he said they may nit find the jack very easily... I explained why where and how... and she put me on hold - when she came back she verified that the jack should be under the passenger seat and I said yes. She said GOOD they're looking for it! She thanked me and I let her go....

Odd to be on the other side of calls but Mike just kind of smiled and shook his head at me... now I'm wondering... maybe he was kidding... I should have double checked before I called them huh!? Oh well couldn't hurt! lol
Nifty Secret Jacks!!! .....

5 comments:

The Mutant said...

Ha ha ha - you couldn't be a good-er samaritan if you tried!

And having a mechanically minded boy is the best thing, where the hell do you find one of those?

Freddyeyes said...

KEZ! thanks man! I try kinda - it comes naturally- I'm a nerd at heart - and I agree - um aren't YOU mechanically inclined? I LOVE having one though he's kind of dreamy too! It's so lovely!

Mike "N" the Mechanics said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike "N" the Mechanics said...

Funny I don't remember seeing either one of those Jacks this weekend.
And I was totally Stevieing you about the hiding jack.
I however am an anomaly that is not to be duplicated so happy hunting Mutant.

Nice to see StevieB said...

Did those air bag car jack things really work? Looks like a good way to off yourself.