Tuesday, May 5, 2009

TV is the New Chihuahua


OK I just wanted to share – because when I get asked about funny or odd calls I always draw a blank….

I just took a call that seems like even LESS of an emergency than the loose Chihuahua calls we get …. (At least those could pose a traffic hazard I guess)

Me :
9 1 1?

Caller :
I am calling 9 1 1 because this guy here won’t let me watch the right channel on my TV

Me :
Ok sir so you would like an officer to respond because he won’t let you watch the right channel on the TV (TV is playing in the background)

Caller:
that’s right! I know it’s not a HUGE emergency but my address is 5492 ***** Blvd ……I want him to know officers will respond. I need them to respond.

Luckily his address is out of our area so I got him to right city… but yes… we have people who call 911 for everything.






2 comments:

The Mutant said...

Can your emergency departments charge a person for a wrongful call out? God I hope so - maybe then he'd think about buying his own TV instead of calling the cops on his housemate, lover, brother-from-another-mother or whoever it was.

Freddyeyes said...

yes! They try to call or check to make sure that's truly the problem before they assume it's really as rediculous as it sounds! Just in case but if they continue - yes they can be charged financially or legally! hahah! in the mean time it's just fodder to blog about!